Monday, July 25, 2011

Bell Biv DeVoe, "Poison"

Now that Wade has brought up childhood memories of basketball camp, I haven't been able to get the song that made the most indelible impression out of my head. My first year (1990), it was on constant rotation on the jukebox of the dorm game room. This was the first time I'd heard it, and it smacked me in face as soon as the opening rim shots cut through the beep-beep-boop-boop-bang-bang of Pac-Man, Contra and Rolling Thunder. The center of the game room turned into an impromptu dance circle.  21 years later, I love it just as much... and I think I can say the same for Maura.  Imagine our delight, then, when--unprompted--the band who played our wedding three years ago broke it out mid-reception.  Thank you, Johnny Sketch.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment